Monday, October 12, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Fall is here! And personally, I love everything that is Autumn. (Maybe a little bit because my birthday is in October.) And I love everything Pumpkin! Pumpkin pie is my absolute favorite pie. And I've been craving something Pumpkin for a couple weeks. So when I saw this recipe on Melanie's blog http://mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com/ it just sounded so perfect I even went out to buy a muffin pan!

1 2/3 c flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup plain canned pumpkin
1 stick butter, melted
6 oz. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
In an electric mixer beat the eggs.
Add pumpkin and butter.
Mix well, but do not over mix.
Add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for about 25 minutes

 
They turned out pretty great! The chocolate chips are really a yummy addition. They weren't quite bread or muffin like, a bit more dense, not sure if that was me or the way they were supposed to be.
 
Definitely a hit for me and Jason though!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to try this recipe out this weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete